What to do when a Playstation 4 controller loses its mind
Don’t run out and purchase a brand new PS4 controller simply because the one on your arms is performing a bit nuts. If your DualShock 4 controller is having troubles pairing with the PS4 or behaving inconsistently, there are a few matters you can try first, such as both a tender reset and a tough reset of the PS4 controller.
How to Reset Your PS4 Controller
A “gentle reset” commonly refers to turning a computer or tool off after which on once more, which flushes out reminiscence and may correct many troubles. In doing a PS4 controller gentle reset, we will additionally reset the relationship between the controller and the console. However, you can simplest do that when you have a 2nd PS4 controller. If you do not have an extra controller, pass ahead to the guidelines on performing a tough reset.
- Log in together with your 2nd (operating) controller and navigate to the Settings inside the PS4’s pinnacle menu. This is the choice that looks like a suitcase.
- Choose Devices from the drop-down menu.
- Select Bluetooth Devices.
- You have to see your PS4 controller listed. Because we’re the use of the operating controller to navigate the menu, pick out the inactive one.
- Note: The PS4 controller with a green dot is the energetic controller and the PS4 controller with out the green dot is the inactive one.
- Press the Options button on your controller, found to the proper of the touchpad. This will convey up a brand new menu.
- Select Forget Device.
Now that we’ve forgotten the malfunctioning DualShock 4 controller, we want to energy down the PS4. You can try this by using protecting down the PS4 button on your controller, navigating to Power within the menu and selecting Turn off PS4.
With the power off, there are a few greater steps to carry out:
- Connect your misbehaving DualShock four controller to the PS4 using a USB cable.
- Turn at the PS4 and look forward to it besides up.
- Press the PlayStation button at the controller and log in to the PS4. The PlayStation four controller should now be paired and you can check to see if it’s still misbehaving.
How to Hard Reset a PS4 Controller
A tough reset is when a device is reverted returned to its factory default settings, which is largely how it came out of the field. Thankfully, this is straightforward to do with the DualShock 4 controller, however we’ll need a paper clip or something much like reset your PS4 controller.
- Power down the PS4.
- Turn over the DualShock 4 controller and locate the small hole near the left shoulder button.
- Unfold one end of the paper clip and insert it to push the button buried in the hollow.
- Hold down this button for about 5 seconds.
- Connect the controller to the PS4 the usage of a USB cable.
- Turn on the PS4 and look forward to it as well up.
- Press the PlayStation button at the controller to log into the PS4. The light bar should flip blue indicating the DualShock 4 has paired with the console.
Note: These instructions might not work for a modded PS4 controller. If you have problem following the instructions, seek advice from the producer of your controller.
Still Having Problems With Your PS4 Controller?
If you’re nevertheless having problems together with your controller, strive turning off your router or modem. Remember, you may lose Internet access, so warn all of us in the residence earlier than doing this step.
If you have been unable to pair your controller, run thru the stairs for doing a difficult reset with the router or modem grew to become off. If you paired your tool but it’s far still erratic, genuinely attempt the usage of it with the router or modem off.
Does it paintings satisfactory? If so, you may want to exchange the channel your router is using. You can comply with our commands for converting the channel on a router or consult your internet company.